Excel Version of the Report – Download Now!
- 393 new well license push from last week
- 141 new drill to LD license AB op from 121 last week
- New license breakdown by substance; Bitumen 226, crude oil 88, gas 28
- New license breakdown by location; Bonnyville 266, Red Deer 16, GP 29, Drayton Valley 28, Wainwright 14, St. Albert 31, Midnapore 4, Med Hat 14
Companies to Watch
- ARC RESOURCES 4 new wells, ANTE CREEK, MONTNEY FM, 66-24W5, CRUDE OIL www.arcresources.com
- Bellatrix Exploration Limited 4 new wells, PEMBINA, CARDIUM FM, 47-06W5, CRUDE OIL www.bellatrixexploration.com
- Birchill Exploration 3 new wells, FERRIER, CARDIUM FM, 39-09W5, GAS www.birchill.com/
- Cenovus Energy Inc. 12 new wells in the SUFFIELD area, GLAUCONITIC SS, 19-08W4, CRUDE OIL www.cenovus.com
- Gear Energy Ltd 9 new wells in the VERMILION area, DINA MBR, 50-06W4, CRUDE OIL www.gearenergy.com
- Lightstream Resources 5 new wells in the PEMBINA, CARDIUM FM, 48-12W5, CRUDE OIL www.lightstreamresources.com
- PENGROWTH Energy 5 new wells JENNER, GLAUCONITIC SS, 20-08W4, CRUDE OIL www.pengrowth.com/
- Trilogy Energy Corp 4 new wells in the KAYBOB, MONTNEY FM, 64-18W5, CRUDE OIL www.trilogyenergy.com/
In the News
- Equal Energy to be acquired by Petroflow in in $245-million deal
- Syncrude partner replaces CEO, gives 2014 budget, Canadian Oil Sands announces $1.1 billion in spending next year
- Executives abruptly resign at Sunshine Oilsands, Cash-starved company remains on hold due to lack of capital
- Oilsands company puts itself up for sale Underperforming Southern Pacific shares halved in Toronto
- MEG capital program of $1.8 billion and has set a 2014 production target of 60,000
- Cenovus Energy Inc. expects to invest between C$2.8 billion and C$3.1 billion in 2014, a 13% decrease.
- Baytex Energy approved a 2014 capital budget of $485 million to generate an average production rate of 60,000 to 62,000 boe/d.
- Bellatrix expects daily production will be +/- 22,250 boe/d and that its exit rate guidance will be +/- 40,000 boe/d.
- Renegade urges investors to reject dissident slate