Excel Version of the Report – Download Now!
- 322 new well license up from 193 last week
- 140 new drill to LD license AB up from 118 last week
- New license breakdown by substance; Bitumen 177, crude oil 98, gas 34
- New license breakdown by location; Bonnyville 176, Red Deer 18, GP 33, Drayton Valley 28, Wainwright 20, St. Albert 29, Midnapore 7, Med Hat 5
Companies to Watch
- If you are in the coring business CNRL, Devon, Nexen and Suncor are very active.
- Penn West 4 new crude license 088-12W www.pennwest.com
- ANEGADA ENERGY CORP. 2 new crude wells Viking area 033-02W4
- Bellatrix Exploration 4 new crude wells 044-09W5 www.bellatrixexploration.com
- Gear Energy Ltd 3 new crude wells 048-04W4 www.gearenergy.com/
- Peyto Exploration 5 new gas wells 056-21W5 www.peyto.com
- RANGE 3 Inc 3 new gas wells 085-19W5 http://range3inc.com/
In the News
- Suncor Energy (TSE:SU) (NYSE:SU) expects oil production to rise 10% in fiscal 2014, as a boost in oil sands production offsets the sale of natural gas assets.
- Whitecap Resources Inc. Increases Viking Light Oil Exposure
- Lightstream Resources Ltd. it will focus on improving sustainability ratio and strengthening balance sheet by reducing debt
- Cardinal Energy Ltd., to sell about $225-million of stock in what would be Canada’s largest energy initial public offering in seven months.
- Kelt Exploration Ltd. is expected to triple its oil production in 2014
- Renegade Petroleum Ltd. reported a five per cent quarter-over-quarter gain in #production
- Nexen Energy and the British Columbia government have struck a deal to allow the CNOOC Ltd. to explore possibly constructing a liquified natural gas plant at Grassy Point