By Pat Hinds
Recently I read an article on Jack Canfield; he is one of North America’s leading life coaches and has written over 200 books including the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. I have found over my career as a salesperson that reading books on positive thinking can be helpful in providing the motivation is takes to be successful. Combining positive thinking with sales techniques will help sales people meet sales objectives.
Listed below are the top 10 tips from Jack Canfield on how to think positive; after the dash I have included my thoughts on how they relate to sales techniques:
1) Anybody can achieve anything – Strategy, Plan, Objectives and Tactics are all you need to achieve any goal that you set for yourself.
2) Sometimes the time frames aren’t quite what (you) may like, but you can do it – Set a time frame for your plan and measure your progress against that time frame.
3) Take responsibility for your actions – Use sales tools to report your sales progress.
4) Figure out what you’re supposed to do in life – Build a plan, a sales plan.
5) Write down your goals – Write account plans and capture them in sales automation tools.
6) Improving your life may mean more education, Don’t give up – Spend the time to research your customer and the lines of business they operate.
7) Perservere in the face of rejection and fear – Never stop prospecting and always be closing.
8) Ask for feedback – Use sales automation tools to capture customer feedback.
9) Act on that feedback – Use sales automation tools to organize and prioritize customer feedback.
10) Above all, believe in yourself – Believe in sales processes.
Topics: Sales Consulting