In the video by Napoleon Hill, Positive Mental Attitude, he provides 20 tips on how to have a positive mental attitude. If you want to be successful in sales and marketing you require a positive mental attitude; in this blog I will translate 10 of the 20 points into sales and marketing tips and I will do the same in next week’s blog for the last 10 tips.
1/ Learn how to adjust yourself to other peoples frame of mind.
• Marketing – Use customer surveys.
• Sales – Acknowledge customer objection prior to handling the objection.
2/ Condition your mind each day to ensure you have positive attitude.
• Marketing – Focus on and celebrate the leads that you generate.
• Sales – Focus on and celebrate the sales you have closed.
3/ Learn the art of selling yourself through indirection (asking questions).
• Marketing – Get social, use every social networking platform available to solicit information from your customers.
• Sales – Learn to probe to need, starting with situational questions.
4/ Adapt the habit of laughter.
• Marketing – Use humor as a marketing tool.
• Sales – Learn a couple of good jokes.
5/ Daily gratitude for your daily challenges and blessings.
• Marketing – Measure all your marketing campaigns and learn from the success and failures.
• Sales – Track all your sales opportunities and learn from lost and closed deals.
6/ Focus on the “can do” within the problem that you face.
• Marketing – Use marketing automation.
• Sales – Embrace you sales quota.
7/ Learn to transmute unpleasant circumstances into a positive mental attitude.
• Marketing – If a marketing imitative fails, you can learn the positives if you took the time to measure the results.
• Sales – If you are missing your quota, review what is selling and do more of it.
8/ Recognize that every circumstance pleasant/unpleasant as an opportunity to grow.
• Marketing – Listen to your customers, react to what they say.
• Sales – Act quickly when given the opportunity by your customer.
9/ Look on your life as an opportunity for continuous learning.
• Marketing – Provide an opportunity to collect customer feedback.
• Sales – Take a sales training course.
10/ Invest is self improvement.
• Marketing – Invest in marketing automation.
• Sales – Use your CRM.